It's Esbjerg fB for Vito Mannone
Congratulations to our Italian shot-stopper Vito Mannone who has moved to Danish Superliga side Esbjerg fB on a 5 month Loan.
This latest move follows on from Vito’s successful stint with Minnesota United in the 2019 MLS season, where he became something of a cult figure amongst the Minnesota faithful and it’s easy to see why.
Vito was voted the MLS Goalkeeper of the Year thanks to this list of incredible achievements…
- Club record of 129 saves -Club record of 15 wins
- Club record of 11 cleansheets.
- Club record of consecutive games played in MLS (35 Games)
- Club record of 12 saves in one match vs Portland Timbers
- Club record of 259 minute without conceding a goal
- 75% save percentage
- Helped guide the club to it’s first ever appearance in MLS Cup Playoffs
- Helped the club to their first ever appearance in the Lamar Hunt U.S Open Cup Final
And if that list wasn’t enough he was then voted into the MLS Team of the season!
Vito’s move to Denmark gives him another opportunity to showcase his skills in another European country as he continues to forge a reputation as one of Europe’s most consistent goalkeepers
After finishing last season in 3rd spot, Esbjerg find themselves at the wrong end of the table this season after 20 games, so head coach Lars Olsen will be looking to Vito to sure up his defence.
Congratulations Vito, go and show them what you are all about.